We all know that Coca-Cola has been one of the most popular soft drinks in the world for over 125 years. It was originated in 1886 by an Atlanta pharmacist named John Pemberton. His bookkeeper named the drink and penned the script writing still in use today! When it was first introduced sales averaged 9 drinks per day at the cost of five cents each! You can find it anywhere, at anytime and while it may not cost a nickel anymore, it still has that same great flavor. Today it is said there are 1.9-billion cokes served every day! Beyond being a soft drink Coke has a lot of other uses. We won’t give you all reasons, just a few, and some may surprise you. There will be a link at the end so you can check out fifty of the uses … remember … we drink this stuff!!!!
- Toilet Rust Spots -It can clean rust spots on your toilet. The slight acidity of Coca-Cola can remove stains of all kinds!
- Loosens Rusty Bolts – The little amount of phosphoric acid a can of Coca-Cola contains can produce big results with rust. Let some Coca-Cola soak on a rusted bolt for a while and then remove it.
- Barbecue Sauce – It makes a great barbecue sauce and also can add some zest to chili. I have used this many times and it really picks up the flavor. At the end I will have some other food ideas for Coke.
- Some Plants – In particular azaleas and begonias like the light acidity of the drink in the soil and it helps their growth.
- Window Cleaner – The Coca-Cola formula with the citric acid works like other cleaning products with citrus fruit to remove smudges and streaks from windows.
- Coin Cleaner – Want to clean up some of those old dirty coins you’ve been saving? Because of the acidity in Coke, it acts as a great cleaning agent and will make old coins look new. It’s also cheaper than the expensive cleaning products.
- Paint Remover – The chemical makeup of Coca-Cola makes it a viable option to remove paint as well from metal objects. I’ve tried this and it does work.
- Sepia Photo Finishing – Coca-Cola can give a vintage look to a number of items, including black and white photos with its caramel color. Just dip a photo into the Coca-Cola and you’ll have sepia color.
- Lawn Care – Want to keep the grass nice and green? Mix a can of cola, a can of beer and ½ cup of liquid dish washing soap, a ½ cup of household ammonia and a ½ cup of mouthwash and that will keep a lawn green.
- Hiccups – To get rid of hiccups just gargle some Coca Cola. It may sound strange but people swear it works.
- Chrome Cleaner –The TV Show “Mythbusters” tried using Coca-Cola as a chrome cleaner and found when used with aluminum foil it did a better job than the leading chrome cleaners on the market.
- Clean Mold and Mildew from Clothes – A can of Coca-Cola with the usual laundry detergent can remove mold and mildew from clothing. It’s also pretty good with stains and grease.
- Various Foods – As we mentioned earlier about the barbecue sauce and chili, try it for a Coca Cola Cake, Coca Cola Fudge, Cherry Coke Cupcakes, add it to Sloppy Joe’s, Meat Loaf and also as a Ham Glaze.
There you have just a few. The rest you can find in the link at the end of this feature. There is a lot more info on these, plus some other hacks and ideas, so check this out and have a Happy Coca Cola Day!! Go to: https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/diy/50-things-you-had-no-idea-you-could-do-with-coca-cola/ss-BBXxbFB?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=U506DHP#image=39